The Agricultural Commissioner has the responsibility of enforcing State-mandated agricultural and pesticide regulations and certification of commercial weighing and measuring devices throughout the County.
The Agricultural Commissioner Operational Plan is to achieve these OC Public Works goals:
- to provide citizens with a basis of value comparison and fair competition by ensuring the accuracy of weighing and measurement systems
- to prevent exotic plant pests and diseases from harming California's agricultural industry and environment.
- to protect residents, users, and the environment from pesticide hazards
- to protect areas from the threat of wildfire through weed and vegetation abatement
The Agricultural Commissioner services are county-wide and are provided equally within city boundaries as well as in unincorporated areas (except for the Weed Abatement Program which is limited to the unincorporated areas of the County).
California law makes the State responsible for the overall statewide enforcement programs. As a result, the State has established the following objectives:
- Oversees all local enforcement programs of the County Agricultural Commissioner
- Assists in program planning for commercial enforcement
- Evaluates the effectiveness of County programs
- Provides guidance to County Agricultural Commissioners
- Assures uniform implementation of laws and regulations for the following commercial clients
Outcome measures for the Agricultural Commissioner are designed to meet the prescriptive requirements of the State of California, who is the primary customer.
To provide quality leadership and service in State enforcement programs that include agricultural services, weights and measures, and pesticide regulation.
Orange County Agricultural Commissioner / Sealer of Weights & Measures
The Agricultural Commissioner Division provides the following enforcement services:
Address and Office Hours
Agricultural Commissioner / Sealer of Weights & Measures
222 East Bristol Lane ,Orange, CA 92865
email Send us a message.
phone (714) 955-0100
print (714) 921-2713
query_builder Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. / 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.